Powered by IP2Location.com

Friday, May 25, 2007

Green Peas Pulao

This again is one of my comfort food dish.
When I was little I didn't like any food with too much of Red chili powder. Not to mention spicy.
So I and my sister use to tell mom to
make the peas pulao.
Times have changed, now my son tells me to make this. He is in love with this pulao too.


You will need:
1 cup basmati rice
1 cup green peas (fresh, frozen any)
1 big potato diced
2 cups water
few curry leaves (optional)
1/2 tsp haldi
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee

Soak the rice for 1 hour. Heat the ghee in a pan and add curry leaves and then add rice (drain the water) and fry rice till its golden brown. Now add the green peas and potatoes and haldi and stir-fry for about a minute. Add the water and salt and bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat and cover and simmer till the rice is done about 10 minutes.

We eat this with yogurt. We don't need anything else with this pulao, it is so good.
Pure and simple pleasures of life.
Isn't it.






1 comment:

FH said...

I love the color Foodie!