Powered by IP2Location.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Acorn Squash Puda







This was our Sunday brunch. I know I am kind of late in posting this.


I love this combination. It is so easy and simple to make. And yes I served it with orange marmalade and pineapple jam. Sounds wonderful isn't it?. Trust me it tastes good too.
I used

2 cups grated acorn squash
2 cups cornflour (makai atta)
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1/2 cup besan
salt to taste
2 tbsp chopped green chilies
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup yogurt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp haldi
Hot water as required
Oil for frying the pudas


First combine all the flours in a deep bowl. Add salt, spices and yogurt, and make a batter with hot water to a dropping consistency. I am asking you to use hot water because that will partially cook the cornflour and cornmeal. If you use cold water the pudas will taste gritty.

After making the batter add the lemon juice, chopped green chilies, onion, cilantro, and acorn squash. Mix well, adjust the seasonings.

Heat a non-stick pan and take a ladleful of batter and spread on the tawa and drizzle oil around the edges and cook on both the sides till brown and crispy.
Serve with your choice of chutney or jam or even ketchup.




No comments: